The Office of the General Counsel, State Bar of Georgia, is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant for the Client Assistance Program. Duties include data entry, providing administrative support for the Program, responding to correspondence and routing telephone calls.?
The job requires strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.?Must be proficient in MS Word and Outlook.?College degree preferred.?Must be a nonsmoker.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, Oct. 9.?
Please do not call or send additional inquiries; we will contact you for an interview if we feel you are a viable candidate.
back to top of page
Supervisor: ICLE Associate Director
NATURE OF WORK:
To assist in the development, creation, promotion and administration of well-organized, engaging and cost-effective continuing legal education programs by which members of the legal profession and the public may enhance their skills through keeping abreast of the law, ethics, and professionalism.?The primary responsibilities of the position center around program coordination as well as marketing and statistical analysis.
- Develop, coordinate and support approximately 200 continuing legal education programs;
- Ensure events are organized and executed efficiently;
- Review and analyze contracts;
- Communicate with attorneys and senior level management to develop agendas for education programs, typically 3 to 12 hours in length;
- Assist with marketing of ICLE programs;
- Coordinate administrative details of continuing legal education programs;
- Ensure program changes are distributed timely to the appropriate staff and/or outside vendors;
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of contracts, invoices and expense reimbursements to appropriate Bar staff;
- Prepare program budgets;
- Consistently monitor ICLE program schedules and communicate with fellow staff members to anticipate needs of program chairs, speakers and attendees;
- Prepare, distribute and collect seminar evaluations;
- Compile, review and synthesize department surveys and other data related to ICLE programs to ascertain their impact and assist with improvements;
- Determine and develop strategies to improve programs, marketing and member care;
- Collaborate with ICLE departmental staff and other State Bar of Georgia departments;
- Provide timely and personal attention to the public, and to State Bar of Georgia staff, members and volunteers;
- Comply with State Bar of Georgia policies;
- Perform such other activities, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by ICLE leadership in furtherance of the goals of ICLE.
- Perform duties of registrars/administrators when necessary;
- Assist the staff of the State Bar of Georgia in performing office and meeting duties, as applicable.
*?Employee must regularly work within agreed upon office hours for 7.5 hours per business day. Assist on as-needed basis during times outside of the usual business day.
*?The duties listed are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed.? The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.?
*?Employee is subject to in-person supervision and is expected to perform his/her job in the State Bar of Georgia office, unless managing or supporting a meeting or event that takes place away from the office.
*?The State Bar of Georgia is a non-smoking environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with legal system and profession a plus;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Substantial experience and familiarity with program management;
- Knowledge of new technologies for project management;
- Capable of working quickly and efficiently with a keen attention to detail;
- Self-starter, the ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team;
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Self-assurance; professional appearance and demeanor;
- Sound judgment and even temperament;
- Solid research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to learn quickly, particularly regarding new technology and systems adopted by the department;
- Strong customer service and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as attendees and outside vendors.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a heavy work load;
- Proficient in English grammar, punctuation, spelling and diction;
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and use it to assist in sharpening skill-set.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Program management, coordination and/or marketing experience;
- Three (3) years or more of progressive office experience as an administrative assistant or its equivalent;
- Paralegal training/prior experience as a paralegal a plus;
- Prior work experience in private law firms, government legal departments or bar associations a plus;
- Mediation training (preferred).
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- High proficiency in Adobe Professional, and other programs that could assist with efficiency;
- Proficiency in SQL, social media, organization and time management applications.
Travel is required for this position.? Travel expenses shall be reimbursed pursuant to the State Bar policies and procedures.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week.? Some overtime may be required.
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please follow the below directions completely.?
- Send an email with your resume attached to ICLECareers@gabar.org.
- In the subject line of the email type “Program Coordinating Analyst.”
- The body of your email should be your cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the legal industry, your experience, your availability for an interview, and the best method of contact.
You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your submission.?Please do not send additional inquiries; we will contact you for an interview if you are a viable candidate.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Oct. 9.
back to top of page
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.